Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Speak up, Sonny!

Man, I'm gettin' old! Ever since my 32nd birthday almost two months ago I've been having trouble staying up at night. I'm not talking 2-3 am. I conk out at 11 pm! Last night, after watching the recorded Earl/Office I decided to watch Monday's Daily Show and the new Colbert Report that I had recorded the night before. [I really enjoyed the new Colbert show, but I can see it wearing thin with just him talking so much. The Daily Show still rules.] Anyway, after those two shows I decided to push it and watch last night's Colbert show, too. Somewhere in the middle, during a commercial break, I fell asleep. I woke back up during another commercial break and didn't realize that I had missed the whole interview segment. For the record, I wear contacts and hate falling asleep with them in because when I wake up my eyes are Sahara-ish and the contacts are epoxied to my eyeballs. Only after I pinch my eyeballs and make them tear can I peel them off. It's not pleasant.

I've always been a late-night TV enthusiast. The TV has an anti-narcoleptic effect on me where sometimes I'll stay up to irrational hours just because the TV is on. I'll surf for anything on, even when there's NOTHING on. Lately I can't do that at all, and 11 o'clock is the consistent threshold when sleep wins the battle. Maybe it's because I've been reluctantly getting my butt out of bed at 6 am to go for a 3 mile run every morning, but I used to be able to function fully on 4-6 hours of sleep, night after night. I'm a little bummed that now my body will shut itself down after my consciousness quota has been reached. Sigh.

Here's something I found on Lulu's site:

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm pleased with the results.

You should also check out Justa Girl's site to see what my love of carrot cake says about me. It's good, I promise [and spot on, I might add ;-)].

iPod: Tanya Donelly shuffle.