Monday, April 11, 2005

It's almost 1am, so I must be on the road

I swear I'm going to bed soon. I've already done my ironing for the week, I just wanted to follow through on my promise to post the lists I mentioned earlier. Feel free to provide your own lists in the comments, or if you want to post them on your blog (and start a movement!) then give a link in the comments so we all can read. Here goes:

1. List 3 things you did ten years ago that you don't do now.
-Working two jobs
-Listening to music on the radio
-Watching hockey (damn lockout!)

2. List 3 things you thought ten years ago you'd be doing now and actually are doing.
-Parenting/expecting a child
-Owning a home
-Staying in touch with my best friend from college

3. List 3 things you thought ten years ago you'd be doing now but aren't. (these were kind of hopes more than expectations)
-Living in Europe
-Playing music in public
-Practicing international law

4. List 3 things you never thought ten years ago you'd be doing now but are.
-Being on my second marriage
-Living in Utah!
-Writing for public consumption/acceptance but no money

Well, that was harder, and a lot less interesting, than I thought it was going to be. Sorry about that. Feel free to make your own lists, though. I always love interaction here.

TV thoughts:
Robin Williams just isn't funny anymore. It's sad.

24 is really intense, but what the hell can they do after this season? It'll be so tame compared to what the terrorists pulled off this year. Love it, though. But Lost is the show that's really getting to me lately. Can't wait to see what happens as the season winds down.

Watched the last hour of Miss USA, and was impressed with Utah and the eventual winner, North Carolina. Miss Illinois was about as articulate and intelligent as a slab of masonite.

Nighty night.

P.S.- I don't know how to reach this person otherwise, and am a bit late in remarking upon the occasion, but I wanted to say "thank you" and "good luck" to The Saint for his candor, wit and readership. He has left the blogging community for a while to do much more important things. I wish him the absolute best in all of his personal and professional endeavors. And I hope that when he publishes his novel(s) that I can guess it's him.