Friday, March 25, 2005

New Thursday Shows

Anyone see NBC’s version of The Office last night? I've never seen the original British version, but heard great things. I really liked it, though some bits didn't work so well. Steve Carell is hilarious, but I’m partial to the receptionist and young slacker who encases his coworkers’ things in jello. His character is great, and the mundane-but-forbidden chemistry between them is very promising. I’m going to give it a try, even though Thursday is my “nothing I have to watch so I'll do homework” night.

Also checked out Life on a Stick. Pretty silly, started slow, but had some funny parts as it went along. It’s like That 70s Show, but without any smart foils for the dummies.

And The Lord God looked down upon the Earth with favor last night, and bestowed a gracious blessing upon Mankind. Mikalah Gordon was booted off American Idol. Glad that’s over.

iPod: “Ramina” by Jimmy Eat World, “Witch” by Belly, and “Long Way Down (Look What the Cat Drug In)” by Michael Penn.