Monday, July 10, 2006

Eine Kleine Weekend Recap

World Cup-

What the hell was Zinedine Zidane smoking when he head-butted the Italian player?!?! Materazzi must have whipped out a monster racial/yo momma/"smelt of elderberries" insult for Zizou to lose his cool that late in such a big game. I don't think that lost the game for France (subbing Trezeguet in for Henry did that) but what an awful way for one of the world's greats to close out his otherwise illustrious international career. The Italians totally didn't deserve to win, but I can't say that the French were robbed. They didn't score enough, simple as that. I have soccer fever really bad now. I want to play but can't find any outlet for it.

UPDATE: Thank god for the Internet, where people have nothing better to do than make funny shit for our amusement. What a medium! Here are some links to altered pics of Zizou's disgraceful act (Via Thighs Wide Shut, one of the funniest and weirdest blogs you'll ever find. I'm going to add it to my links, I think.)

Link 1
Link 2

Indigo Girls concert-

It was good. The Red Butte Garden is a great place to see a show in the summer. It's smaller then the usual outdoor concert venue, and they let you bring in all the food and alcohol you want. All the hip (and hippy) Salt Lake Lefties come out of the woodwork for these shows and it reminds me of other, less conservative places I've lived. It's very comfortable. There were also a lot more Lipstick Lesbians there than I expected. The show was good. They opened with "Closer to Fine" and closed the encore with "Galileo" and played a mix of old and new in between. They even played "Chickenman", which I was happy about. I took some pictures at the show with my camera phone for you all.

1. As if you needed any more evidence of how awesome Lovely Wife is, she pointed out this prominent whale tail right in front of us. She also helped me time the shot to get it in all its glory:
Thar she blows!

2. This was one of the mulletiest mullets I've seen in a long time.
Dude looks like a lady... wait, Dude IS a lady!
Oh yeah, it's on a woman.

3. Another perk of the venue, seeing the full moon peek over the mountains behind the stage. I know it looks like the sun, but throw me a frickin' bone, okay?
Sweet!

iPod: "Hold Me Down" by Motion City Soundtrack, "Milwaukee Sky Rocket (live)" by Braid, "Playing Your Song" by Hey Mercedes, "Again I Go Unnoticed" by Dashboard Confessional, "What Would I Say to You Now?" by Jimmy Eat World, "Authority Song" by Jimmy Eat World, and "Knowing When to Stop" by Hey Mercedes.