Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Movie Quote Meme

I'm at a total loss for content, and saw this done over at The Bawdy Cloister and The Neutral Zone Trap, and thought it was pretty cool. Here are the instructions:

A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes on your blog.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Either strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified or place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name (or other distinguishing characteristics)

The following are some of my favorite quotes, but not necessarily from my favorite movies. I realized that my favorite movies don't have super funny or memorable quotes. But there are a bunch of silly/cheesy movies that do! Good luck, and make sure you check out RT's and McPan's entries, as there are plenty left to get.

1. Why can't you say you like my hat? Why can't you say you like my suit? I've earned it! From "Far and Away", answered correctly by Lulu (and known by Vegetable Medley).

2. I am an FBI agent! From "Point Break", answered correctly by Lulu (and known by Vegetable Medley).

3. My God! Suicide? Why?
Does this answer your question? From "Heathers", answered correctly by Lulu.

4. Why are you shaking me off?
I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority. I thought that people would get this one quickly. Here's another from the same film:

Strikeouts are boring. Besides that, they're fascist.

5. Let's just take a step back. No, I was wrong. I'm sorry, take a step forward. Now, take a step back. Step forward. Back. And then we're cha-cha-ing! From "Real Genius", correctly answered by Bliss (and apparently known by Vegetable Medley).

6. Well you got it all wrong. Muddy Waters invented 'lectricity. Vegetable Medley, I'm counting on you to get this one! Do you have any guesses?

7. I mean, if I went 'round, sayin' I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away! From"Monty Python and The Holy Grail", spoken by Michael Palin as a peasant. Correctly answered by E. McPan, Omega (although he referenced the wrong number), TGIC, and ACW. I love this whole scene, but couldn't put it all here without it being very obvious.

8. Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in front of a full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards! That's my policy! From "The Naked Gun" by Lt. Frank Drebin. Correctly answered by E. McPan and TGIC.

9. Hey, no shit it's my ass! I got a big problem down here. Shut it down! Shut it down, now! From "Die Hard", correctly answered by Graculus.

10. Oh, I get it. It's very clever.
Thank you.
How's that working out for you?
What?
Being clever? From "Fight Club", an exchange between "Jack" (played by Edward Norton) and Tyler Durden on an airplane. Correctly answered by Omega and ACW.

11. There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours. From "The Princess Bride", correctly answered by The Rowdy Theologian.

And the "Evil Genius Award" goes to Lulu, who emailed me with 9.5 correct answers (she knew #5 was a MP movie, but not the title). She's a freak.

The "You're No Fun Award" goes to Scarlet for dissing this game as "random, out of context things". This from a woman who rigs her own quizzes with questions from Sweet Valley books. ;-)

Good work, Everyone!

They're probably not very challenging. Leave your answers in the comments. I'll post correct answers and their owners next to the quote.