Thursday, June 08, 2006

Weird Coincidence

Blogger's being quite the obnoxious bitch lately. I meant to post this yesterday.

I was watching The Colbert Report on Tuesday night, and it had a segment called "Stephen's Sound Advice" wherein he gave comical advice to recent college graduates. One of his tips was about not going to Europe to backpack. The advice turned out to be a bitter rant about Stephen's own bad experience in Paris. He talked about reluctantly going to a disco called "Le Palace" and the bad things that ensued from that. When I was in high school, during Sophomore or Junior year, I went to France on a French club trip. We spent a couple days in Paris, and the last night we decided to sneak our under-age asses into a disco... called Le Palace! How do I remember the name? Because I'm the one who called the club from the hotel to confirm that girls got in free, because I knew how to ask it en Francais. Or at least well enough to be understood.

I know that Stephen's story was probably made up, but that makes it all the more coincidental!

I'm a dork, and I have nothing to write about. Sorry.

Now for today's thought. I was thinking about a particular Phish performance I saw on Letterman a while ago, and look what I found on YouTube!



Here's the link if it takes too damn long to load: "Birds of a Feather"

iPod: "Wattershed" by Foo Fighters, "Window Paine" by Smashing Pumpkins, "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel, "Fast Enough for You" by Phish, and "W.M.A." by Pearl Jam.