Thursday, November 17, 2005

Is that Rat Tart?

Disgusting!

And so is this story!

Stewart to Marry 'Laguna Beach' Star

Not so much the marrying part, but WHY THE FUCK ARE KIDS ON A PSEUDO REALITY SHOW ABOUT OVER PRIVILEGED TEENS FAMOUS ENOUGH TO WARRANT COVERAGE LIKE THIS!?!?!?!?!?

At least cradle-robber Kim Stewart has done some modeling, so it is with a grimace and sigh that I acknowledge her "fame", but this Laguna Beach show has really flipped my lid. The degeneration of The Real World was bad enough, merely giving attractive college students a platform to make the TV audience feel bad about their image, drink too much, be promiscuous, and generally over-dramaticize EVERY FUCKING SITUATION IN THEIR LIVES. But now MTV has done the same thing with HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!! Makes me sick, and I haven't even watched the show.

I didn't start the day angry like this. I was wondering if I had anything to blog about today, stumbled across this story, and out came a rant. It's high time MTV got added to the Corporate Evil Empire.*

"I predict a riot."

*The other members being, of course: McDonald's, Coca Cola, and Disney.

iPod: "Star" by Belly, "Ode to Joy" by Thanks to Gravity, "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, and "Requiem" by Foo Fighters.