Thursday, November 10, 2005

Here Comes Another One

When will it ever end?*

Remember a couple weeks ago I was surfing some new blogs and lamenting the fact that they were good and mine sucks? Well I'm now linking one of those that I found. Say hello to Marisa (pronounced ma-ree-sa, buddy!) aka Inconspicuous Attack Toad from The Lemonade Diaries. She's a first class smart ass, with almost no respect for decorum or rules, likes to vociferously rant, and is an exceptionally rare specimen in the US because she's a female fan of Formula 1 racing. Those are all good things, BTW.

If you aren't familiar with Formula 1, it's simply the best auto racing on the planet, with the best drivers and most unimaginably powerful cars. It's insanely popular in pretty much every country except the US and Antarctica, but the tour has added an oval track (yawn) race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the last couple of years. She also just got married, but that won't keep her from jumping Michael Schumacher's bones given the opportunity. Stop by and say hi.

I may have mentioned a few weeks ago that I started running again, reluctantly getting out of bed at 6 am Monday through Thursday and running about 3.2 miles everyday. Well, I'm still doing it, but not actually getting faster or better at it, and I'm not losing any weight. I need to change my eating habits, but I don't understand why the running hasn't gotten easier. I've been taking two short walk breaks during the run, usually after stopping at traffic lights, and my body is used to it now. I've pushed myself the last two mornings to shorten them, and hopefully that will break me out of my lazy rut. I'd really like to run a marathon again this spring, and improve my time from the last one. We'll see how that goes.

And lastly, here's a neat new game to play: Escapa! Found it on Sugar, Mr. Poon?, who allegedly lasted over 35 seconds. My best so far is 17.66 seconds, but I'm determined to break 30, which means I won't be getting much work done today, either.

iPod: "Another Moment" by Tanya Donelly, "Wake Up" by The Replacements, "Canary" by Liz Phair, "Iris (live)" by The Breeders, "Clobbered" by Buffalo Tom, "They Might Be Giants" by They Might Be Giants, "Zep Song" by Weezer, "Hitchhiker" by Pearl Jam, and "Song for the Deaf" by Queens of the Stone Age.

* E. McPan, you have astounded me with your Monty Python knowledge, so I expect that you will get the title reference.