Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Short and sweet

The few remaining fragments of virtue that I cling to are slowly slipping away. I haven't had caffeine in over 2 years (except in chocolate and tiramisu) and have stuck with non-diet, non-cola soda religiously. I decided that I didn't need the caffeine or the aspartame, and was probably doing my body a favor staying away. But lately I really want a Pepsi. Maybe I can try a caff-free one. But it still makes me feel guilty.

I also swore off of golf over 3 years ago, seeing as how it only makes me angry and my hands hurt. I don't have the time or the money to get as good as I want to be, so I just said, "screw it." Now I drive by golf courses and really, really want to be out there on the beautiful fairways, hitting arcing iron shots onto firm greens and breathing the fresh Spring air. If I cave, the experience won't be anything like that, but the fantasy stills tempts me.

I'm going to experiment with a picture on the header of this blog, something that really defines me. I was going to do this anyway, but since Bliss doesn't have an image that defines me, I'm forced to give him one, lest I be left out of one of his lists. ;-)

iPod: "I'm a Message" by Idlewild, "Glorified G" by Pearl Jam and "Afraid to Fail" by Josh Rouse (Wow, two days in a row.)