Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I gotta get a piece of this!

I guess I can't really blame this on Bush and the Republicans, since it seems to be a well-entrenched, moronic feature of the military; but why the hell is the Army giving its over-charging contractors bonuses, when there's already insane amounts of profit factored into their bids?!?!?!?!? AND while there's an exponentially-growing deficit?!?!

I'm sure that there's some small service I can perform for the Army, troop-entertainment maybe, or condiment package integrity tester, that I can charge about 1-2 million for. Then after about a year of inadequately performing on the contract, I can get a sweet, multi-thousand dollar bonus. I'm not greedy, I just need enough to pay off my loans, buy a house or two, retire, and put my kids through college. In the grand scheme of things, it would really be a miniscule amount. Just shave a half of a percentage point off of one of those Halliburton bonuses and I'll be fine.

Motherfuckers!