Thursday, May 05, 2005

I am as shocked as you all will be!

Vegetable Medley actually responded with his Book Meme answers!!! Here it is, copied and pasted and straight from the source!

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

That's a tough one, but I think it has to be The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. Assuming it's not already taken!

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Fictional? I guess it's Melony from The Cider House Rules. John Irving imbued her with such raw sexuality, I couldn't stop thinking about her. But my true love-from-the-page is Lady Chablis from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which technically isn't fiction.

3. The last book you bought is?

My Life So Far, by Jane Fonda. Can't wait to crack it open!

4. What are you currently reading?

Why Black Men Love White Women, by Rajen Persaud. Talk about an eye-opener!

5. Five books you would take to a deserted island:

-Rush Visions: The Official Biography, by Bill Banasiewicz
-The Rod McKuen Omnibus
-Couplehood, by Paul Reiser. It's so true!
-Treason, by Anne Coulter (for the pictures on the dust jacket)
-The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons. Say no more, Squire!

6. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

1. My idol and inspiration, Rosie O'Donnell.
2. Vain Vindaloo, to see if he really can read.
3. Tom Delay, because I bet he could use a nice pick-me-up.