Thursday, January 27, 2005

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I just saw THIS!!!!!!

Hey Mercedes is hanging it up!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? They had been saying on their band blog that news was coming soon, as soon as some things got confirmed. What exactly needed to be confirmed? That they all didn't want to be the best "emo"* band anymore? I guess I should have seen this coming with the whole Braid reunion tour. Dammit!!!! I can't use enough exclamation points about this news!!!

I shouldn't worry, I guess, because it's not like these guys are going to stop making music. Braid fans must have gone through this back when that band first broke up. Three of the four guys came back together and formed Hey Mercedes pretty soon afterward. So we'll see what happens. The last show is going to be in Chicago in April/May. I wonder if my wife will still respect me if I go. She doesn't really understand the fanboy side of me. I can use airline and hotel points to keep it cheap. Yeah, that's it!

iPod: Looking for something sad, dirge-like. Maybe the second movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.

* I'm not sure how the band feels about the emo tag, but I couldn't think of anything else to use. They're just my favorite band right now, period.