Friday, January 21, 2005

Close Encounters of the Famous Kind

Wow! Coming home from my trip to a crowded airport, wandering from carousel to carousel looking for my bag, who should I walk by but...

Rob Schneider! Presumably without the nipple shield pictured at right. I said, "Hey, Rob." He said, "Hey, nice to see you." Then we went our separate ways to find our respective luggage.

Then a few minutes later, who should I spy across the baggage area but...

Danny from The Apprentice! He was hanging out with a couple of women. I had just watched the premiere last night (during which he made a total ASS of himself and contributed greatly to his team's loss) so I easily recognized him. I went up and talked to him a bit, and he was pretty cool. We talked about how bad the team made him look, but I didn't dwell on the episode. I asked if he brought his guitar, which he had, and he told me the maker, Ovation, gives him guitars because he's done work for them. Good deal, although I'd try to do some work for Taylor Guitars if I were him. Those are SO SWEET! Someday, someday....

Why all the celebrity activity? Sundance is in town! I think I saw another actress roaming around looking for her bags, but couldn't think of her name or a film I recognize her from, so she wasn't important enough to talk to.

Oh, and Danny TOTALLY told me who won! But he threatened to come to my house and perform a spirit-building sing along if I told anyone. So these lips are sealed!