Thursday, January 06, 2005

Another Lonely Day

No one here but meeee - o.

I need lots of Police for my iPod. Now! Unfortunately iTunes doesn't sell the b-side songs that are on Message in a Box. Fascists!!!

Not only is this post going to be REALLY dull, but it will have to last you for a while, because I'm traveling to a family event in another part of the country for a few days. Hope to see you here when I get back.

The topics for today: my hair and soybeans.

How are the related? They're not.

First my hair. I'm no metrosexual. Sure, there was that earlier post about buying two pairs of shoes on sale at the same time, but for the most part I'm not very well groomed/shaven/coiffed/dressed. Soon after moving to Utah I changed my hairstyle to something more hip than the side part with comb over. It's basically just spiky in the front and flat all around. For some weird reason, right after I get it cut, I can't style it right. My hairdresser gets it perfect, but when I try to do it, the front middle falls down giving me that devil horn, pansy-ass Amazing Race contestant look. Aaarrrrggghhhhh!!!! When it gets longer, I can make it stay up, but it's a bit too tall then. Maybe my wife will be cool with my hairdresser moving in with us so she can do my hair in the morning. She's Mormon, so there'll be no hanky-panky to worry about. She also cuts our son's hair, so that will add to the convenience. I suppose we'll have to charge her a reduced rent for her services, though.

Soybeans. Did you know a cup of soybeans...

- Has 376 calories?
- Has 17.4g fat (only 2 saturated!!!)?
- Has 0mg cholesterol? [Bonus!]
- Has 38mg sodium?
- Has 28.3g carbohydrates (10.8g dietary fiber)?
- Has 33.2g protein? [Sweet!]
- Gives 124% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin C? [DAMN!]
- Provides 50% RDA calcium and iron?

Neither did I! My wife is trying to improve her diet, so she's reading a lot about what to eat. Her mom also gave us some raw soybeans and I had some with lunch today. They're weird, let me tell ya.

They come in pods like peas, only the pods are fuzzy and you can't eat them. You need to open them to get the beans out. Once out, the beans look, feel and taste remarkably like lima beans, complete with skin that slides off and less taste than boiled cardboard. I actually like lima beans. I guess they're like other beans, but they still seemed weird to me. Shows you how much I garden, doesn't it?

Now that you're pissed you took the time to read this far, let me share some good news.

Alberto Gonzales is promising to turn over a new leaf and reject torture advocacy if he's confirmed as Attorney General. That's right, since he'll be in the public spotlight, he swears he'll recognize and respect domestic and international law and treat terror suspects like human beings. That's right kind of him, ain't it? He's a shoe-in anyway, so this is all just part of the Congressional circus. If he can put together an effective campaign against terror rather than on indecency, unlike his (*cough, cough*) "esteemed" predecessor Ashcroft then I don't really care. The only way Bush can create a cabinet that I will actually like is if he steps down and gives the office to Ralph Nader. Hahahahaha! That's the funniest thing I've written all week!

See ya.

iPod: "Why Bother" by Weezer, "I Am What I Am Not" by Idlewild, "Shooting Star" by Elliott Smith, and "Footsteps" by Pearl Jam.