Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I'm going on the road this week, to balmy Toronto Canada. I'm going to have some spare time there, and I plan on meeting up with three Toronto bloggers: Rachel, The Sarcastrix, and Lisa the Knitter. I'm super psyched. Expect a report on the event on Thursday night, maybe. All confidential information will be kept as such, though, so no worries to the parties involved.

In other news, 24 kicks ass!!! I'm so glad it's back. I love the tension of the show, I love that they killed off Palmer (but not Michelle, you bastards!), and I just love the fantasy that is Jack, a super agent who can and will do anything to save the day. BUT, I am disappointed that all the shit keeps going down in LA. Presidents don't sign treaties in Los Angeles, especially when hosting the Russian President to do so. They had a golden opportunity at the end of last season to move to an entirely new place. Jack was "dead" and could have roamed free to take the fight to the terrorists as an anonymous, above-the-law vigilante, like John Travolta's character from the under-rated movie "Swordfish", or he could have been like John McLane in the "Die Hard" movies, saving the day where ever he goes. I would have loved to see them go to Europe, but I'm sure they didn't have the budget to shoot there. Too bad.

That's all for now, I need to get ready to go to the airport. I'm bringing some Monty Python and Wonderfalls on DVD with me for the plane. Sweet.

Hopefully this blog will get more interesting/entertaining soon. Sorry about that.