Thursday, January 12, 2006

An Obligation, A Request, and A Delight

1. An Obligation - Omega caught me in a meme-type thing:

"If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, (even if we don't speak often) please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL memory of you and me. It can be anything you want - good or bad - BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE."

I left off the part where you do the same thing on your blog. Do it if you want (and you have a blog with comments) or not. But please leave a silly/weird/disturbing comment for me about the time you and I....

2. A Request - Daisy requested my favorite musical artists/albums. I'll make a list of my favorite artists and my favorite of their albums. In no particular order:

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Rush - Permanent Waves
Pink Floyd - Meddle
R.E.M. - Life's Rich Pageant
The Police - Outlandos D'Amour
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
Thanks to Gravity - Avagadro's Number
Hey Mercedes - Loses Control
Braid - Frame and Canvas
Idlewild - Hope is Important
Jimmy Eat World - Clarity
Belly - Star
Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs for Underdogs
Guster - Parachute
Michael Penn - Free for All
Phish - A Picture of Nectar

Obviously, there are lot more artists that I like, but these are my absolute faves. For the most part, I have and like all of the albums by the above artists. The following are albums I love, but I wouldn't put the artists in the pantheon of my favorites:

Retreat from the Sun by That Dog.
Big Red Letter Day by Buffalo Tom
Big Lizard in My Backyard by The Dead Milkmen
Liz and Lisa by Liz and Lisa (just got their two albums in mp3!!!!!)
Commit This to Memory by Motion City Soundtrack
Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair
Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age
Pinkerton by Weezer
Graceland by Paul Simon
Swampophelia by Indigo Girls
Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins

3. A Delight - After my bitter rant about Frvade, and indirectly Not Pr0n, yesterday, Graculus has restored my faith in online puzzles/games by directing me to these two gems:

Samorost

Samorost2

These are click games, meaning you have to click on things to advance and solve the game. They're like the "Free the Balloon" game I posted here a while back. No extraneous clues needed here, just good observational skills and reasoning as to the order of what to do when. Please, click these links and have a good time.

And lastly, thank God "Lost" is back. Loved the Mr. Echo story last night!