Thursday, October 27, 2005

Don't you hate it when you have to actually work!

Too busy to have any original inspiration.

People have been startin' memes, it seems. First Bliss with his "3 things about me" one (before he closed up shop 'temporarily', that is) and now Justa Girl has a neat Google Images game in which I've decided to partake.

I've added some rules to the original to reflect how I did it. Go to Google Image Search and type in the city and state/province of the town where you grew up, no quotation marks. Then select the picture you like best from the first page of results and post it on your blog. Here's mine:
Ahh, the salt marsh.

Next do the same with the town where you currently reside. My result:
Ahh, the mountains.

Next your name, first and last, but no quotes. My result:
This guy has the exact same name as I do.

Next your grandmother's name. My result:
Same exact name as my Grandma.  This was the only result.

Next your favorite food. My result:
He got flak for getting swiss cheese on it.

Next your favorite drink. My result:
Thirsty,you are.

Next your favorite smell. My result:
Lot of weird images came up on this search.

Lastly, your favorite song. My result:
I'll give 'em The Frowning of a Lifetime!

Now I'd like to invite you all to do something I made up. Post Your Pumpkin! For some reason, I take great pride in my amateurish pumpkin carvings every year. I don't do a particularly good job, or work long hours on it, but I sketch out my idea first and try to be diligent to execute the idea well. I love doing it. In fact, I love almost everything about Halloween. Here's this year's Jack o' Lantern:
Here's Jackie!

UPDATE: Here it is at night, looking a bit more menacing for Justa Girl.
Spooky!

I went angular this year. The surface of the pumpkin looked better with a flash, but the face/holes showed up better without the flash. I'll probably never top my "tongue sticking out" pumpkin from a few years ago, but this one turned out pretty well. So let's see them, folks! Take a picture of and post your pumpkins. Then let me know in the comments when it's up and where to see it.

iPod: "Better Man" by Pearl Jam, "Que Shiraz" by Hey Mercedes, "The Promise" by Tanya Donelly, "Brother" by Pearl Jam, "Grind" by Phish, "Spirits in the Material World" by The Police, and "Zoo Station" by U2.