Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Job Well Done

If I do say so myself! I put the carpet back up to the new tile last night, with the kicker-stretcher thing, and think it turned out pretty well. See for yourself. It's the corner piece.

That looks like a professional did that!
But it was me, really!

The old corner was half a square, cut diagonally, but the carpet was getting badly frayed there. We put a full square in its place so we could remove the offending piece of carpet and restore some sense of presentability.

Please disregard the discoloration on the carpet. It's from 7 years of abuse by incontinent chihuahuas, and there's nothing we can do about it until we can afford to replace the carpet. Just look at the fine workmanship of the tile and carpet line.

iPod: "Halo" by Foo Fighters, "Roman Candle" by Elliott Smith, and "Be My Yoko Ono" by Barenaked Ladies.