Monday, July 25, 2005

Isn't Google Great?

I googled myself on Friday, and found a bunch of impostors who are NOT me, but who claim to be. One of these jokers is this guy:

Me, but not me

This guy has my exact first and last name, same spellings for both. So if you recognize this guy, or already know me, then you know my name. Congratulations.

The weekend sure is the Blogging Doldrums, isn't it? I haven't posted since Thursday, partially because of being busy at work, partially enjoying my weekend with my family, and partially because of absolutely no inspiration. I hate that last one. Some weeks it seems like I have so much to say, or at least to riff about. Others I strain to talk about anything I can, such as lame topics like movies and TV shows.

On that note, I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this weekend, and meh, it was okay. A good movie, but hard to watch with fresh eyes having seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (with Gene Wilder) multiple times and having read and totally forgotten the book by Roald Dahl. It was entertaining, and Johnny Depp was funny, but he didn't blow me away like he's capable of doing. Freddie Highmore as Charlie was great, but I didn't actually care for the other kids, either the actors or how the film portrayed them. I wasn't expecting them to appear likeable, I just felt that the characters were underdeveloped and underused. The Oompa Loompas, on the other hand, were great. Their songs were cool, and I think the lyrics were originally from the book. So it's worth watching, but not great.

I did not see Wedding Crashers (would like to, though) but I sure hope that whoever is in charge of such things in Hollywood will give Isla Fisher lots of work, because she is adorable! I saw her on Conan O'Brien last week and... Adorable. That's all I can say, since all I did was look at her and listen to her banter with Conan about having red hair for a minute before I changed the channel. She's got a pretty cool name, too, that's apparently pronounced "I-La". I have read that she's really funny in the movie, so there's another reason to cast her like she's dying in 6 months. Make it so!

Nothing else to report, so here are this week's Real Beautiful Women.