Wednesday, July 20, 2005

How apropos

That INXS is the band hosting this new Rock Star show, because all of the contestants are over the top. But hey, it's a new reality show so my wife and I have to check it out. I haven't watched tonight's results, and my wife hasn't watched it at all this week, so I'm not going to get into any specifics about anyone ( and don't tell me anything if you know). But generally I'll say they're almost all throwbacks to a lost generation of larger-than-life rock singers who lack the appeal, charisma and mystery of popular and intriguing stars of the last 10-15 years. The rest are just totally inappropriate for the band. I don't anticipate that INXS will have much success with whomever they choose for the gig, and that's too bad. But I'll keep watching anyway.

Best thing about the show: when the camera shows the members of INXS and Dave Navarro playing air drums like total dorks during the performances. That's funny.

Oh, and Brooke Burke too. I guess she's okay.