Monday, June 20, 2005

On the Road Again

I'm back traveling for work, in the Great White North, which is actually the Glorious Weather North. It was beautiful in Calgary today, but there's been a lot of flooding in the area from some recent, unrelenting rainfall. Glad I missed it.

You know the drill when I travel. I gripe about things I see on TV and about getting my ironing done. I just can't think of anything else. So you all must suffer with me.

Tonight was an interesting Jeopardy. All three contestants looked really young. None of them could have been older than 25, but it looked like the college tournament. And they all kicked ass! It was a tough night of questions (as far as my ability to answer was concerned) and they rose to the challenge admirably. Impressive.

As for my Fathers Day, I did a whole lot of nothing, and it was sweet. I finally saw Team America World Police and loved it. Don't worry, I won't be quoting it here on the blog. Okay, maybe just one:

"This is a nice limo you've got here."
"Yes it is. Now suck my cock."

Sure, they take everything to extremes, but it's funny, and they mock every one, every side. Anyone, conservative or liberal, who thinks the film supports their side is fooling themselves. It's making fun of you for sticking so dogmatically to your side.

I try not to talk too much about the searches that bring people here, but I've been getting a particular one a lot recently: people looking for info about the "Mercury Mariner commercial actress". I wrote about a Mariner commercial a while ago, but didn't notice anything special about the actress in it. But tonight I saw a commercial for the Mercury Montego, and it starred a pretty cute woman. Maybe that's what they're looking for. Who knows.

Now that I've helped you all get to sleep, it's time to watch Hell's Kitchen and iron my pants. Good night, and see you tomorrow.