Friday, June 17, 2005

My Son, The Brilliant Artiste

*Disclaimer: Page may take a while to load. We appreciate your patience.

Until the floods of protest mail come in from my disgruntled fans, I'm suspending the CBK Triple Play. Sorry about that. But I have something even more entertaining this week.

Entertainment Weekly ran an article on some photographer dude who is famous for sticking a camera in celebrities' faces to capture their vulnerability and humanity... and blemishes. Nice work if you can get it. Anyway, my son was bored, started looking through the magazine, and asked me if he could draw on people in it. I said sure, as long as he didn't draw on any words or use a Sharpie. Last night I found his handy work, and it is pure genius! See for yourself:

Angelina
Pout, Baby!

Usher
Nice Elton John glasses!

Colin
A single, solitary tear.
He scratched out the pupils. Is that bad, psychologically speaking?

Tammy Faye
An improvement, if you ask me.
I guess he thought she needed more makeup.

Jim
His third eye sees all!

Chuck Berry
Where's Tenille?

Prince
One Sexy MF!
Anyone noticing a trend in the last couple foreheads and noses?

Eminem
How high does he look?
Um, no that doesn't look at all like a ball gag sewn to his mouth, why do you ask?

And lastly, Crotch Shot
Don't ask me, I don't know!

I'm sure that some child psychologist could tell my wife and me exactly what these mean, but I'm equally sure that we don't want to know.

iPod: "Lucky Denver Mint" and "For Me This Is Heaven" by Jimmy East World, "My Sweet One" by Phish,"Old Mother Reagan" by Violent Femmes, "Prurient Bess" by Fossil, "You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire" by Queens of the Stone Age, "Never the Machine Forever" by Soundgarden, "Killing a Camera (live)" by Braid, "Bruce" by Foo Fighters, and "The Other Side of Summer" by Elvis Costello.