Saturday, February 26, 2005

Now I Know!

Just found these, and they are pretty damn funny. Some more than others, but all weird. I think my friend, the one who likes Airplane Jive Talk, would like them. I'm going to call him Vegetable Medley, and explain what that means later (as if you'll ever care.) The site has some GI Joe cartoon shorts from the 80s where a character would dispense advice to misguided youth. But these are edited and dubbed over in bizarre fashion. You'll need sound and a high-speed connection for best results. If you ever watched GI Joe when you were younger, I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

I'm so glad computer and internet technology exist so that people can do fucked up things like this and share them with the rest of us. Apparently Hasbro's legal counsel sent a cease and desist letter to both the makers of the clips and the site who posted them. I always thought of such a letter as a legal shot across the bow, a warning of serious consequences if you don't change your course. But this letter doesn't even imply any consequences of not complying with the request to stop. It doesn't look like they've acted on any right they may have to get them off the internet. Interesting.

I was IMing with another friend/reader and she wanted to know what CBK stands for. Remember that challenge I laid down for you people a while ago? No one bit, but it's still open. (Vegetable Medley, you are categorically denied any involvement in this "contest.") I wouldn't tell my friend, but I gave her a vague, non-helpful hint, which I'm not going to give the rest of you. I'm really just looking for involvement and creativity from my legion of fan (plurals left out intentionally). I guess I could make up silly situations and ask for advice from you.

"Hey guys, my wife caught me with a spaghetti squash yesterday, in a somewhat 'compromising position.' What can I tell her to ease her mind so she keeps buying lots of hot produce and doesn't suspect anything?"

iPod: I'm not listening to it right now, but on my flight home from Calgary last night, I did an Idlewild-only shuffle. WHY didn't I do that sooner!?!?! Can't wait for the new album.