Friday, February 04, 2005

It's almost here!

The Super Bowl! Two days away. I've encountered a surprising amount of support for the Philadelphia Eagles over the last week, and not much New England rooting. That's a little confusing, but I guess if I lived in New England, it would be Patriots Fever all over. I think people just like to root against the favorite. The Eagles are a good team and good story, but I wouldn't call them universally appealing.

Maybe the Eagles will be to the Patriots this year what the Patriots were to the Rams in 2002. An unlikely victor against the defending champions. As I've said, I worry. That's my thing. I don't get cocky. Don't make predictions. The last time I did that the Bruins blew a 3-1 series lead in the payoffs against the hated Montreal Canadiens. I'll never forgive myself. I heard that Ty Law, who isn't even playing, was saying that the Pats would have to not physically show up to the game for the Eagles to win. Back off, Ty! We don't need no trash talkin'. He didn't sound really arrogant, just confident, and he wasn't dissing the Eagles. I guess if he's not playing he can't look like an idiot by saying those things and playing poorly. I'm just nervous and babbling.

I want the Patriots to dominate both sides of the ball. I want 120 yards rushing by Dillon, at least 250 yards passing by Brady(with 4 catches and a touchdown for David Patten), at least 3 sacks and 2 interceptions. And I don't want to have to rely on Adam Vinatieri at the last second to win. Even though the two Super Bowls won by the Pats have been damn entertaining, I don't want to go through the stress again.

Ricky Proehl, who played against the Pats in both of their Super Bowl wins and who scored tying touchdowns late in the games, isn't playing in this game for the Eagles. What does that mean?

I don't know. I don't know.

iPod: Several. "Run Like an Antelope" by Phish, "Divine Hammer" by The Breeders, "Being With You" by .that dog, and "Beautiful" by Michael Penn.