Wednesday, February 02, 2005

And now, the news.

I give up! What is the point of Kosher rules when things like this are acceptable? The article reads in relevant part:

Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth.

Wouldn't the parents notice a cold sore during the bris? And WHY would parents take their babies to someone like this?!?! I don't mean to offend my sizable Jewish audience, but c'mon! Some practices from the barbaric past were meant to be left behind. Bloodletting? Stoning? Bueller? Anyone?

This is so disturbing, it makes me REALLY happy my parents left my hoodie alone.

In "really funny to me but probably shouldn't be" news, the insurgents in Iraq are getting creative. Apparently, if Iraqi prisoners aren't released, G.I. Joe's Roadblock will be mercilessly beheaded. That's nothing! I used to drown, blow up and completely dismember my action figures. And it never got one of my demands met. My mom was prepared to stay the course and accept the sacrifices of spreading freedom.

iPod: "We Gotta to Be Clean" by Guster and "So Much Song" by Tanya Donelly.