Sunday, February 27, 2005

In and Out, In and Out

Aha! A bit of double entendre to describe my recent traveling patterns and the glorious homecoming welcome from my wife. I'm a lucky, lucky man. Too much information? Then why are you reading?

I don't know how many of you have clicked on the Homestarrunner link over on the right (Teen Girl Squad is tha BOMB!), but there's a game section in there that has a very cool roleplaying game called Peasant's Quest. It's a silly, primitive text/graphic adventure game, with a medieval theme, and pretty funny. I won the game tonight, but didn't get the total possible points. I think there were a few things I could have picked up but didn't, or I lost some points for something but didn't realize it. Anyone play this game? Can you tell me if it's possible to get all 150 points? Anybody care at all?

So, are you all watching the Oscars? I've seen only one of the Best Film nominees, and I wouldn't have put it in a top-five list. It wasn't bad, but nothing to blog about. I'm rooting for Marty Scorcese because he just f'ing deserves one, for Gangs of New York and especially Raging Bull. OMG, that movie's great! As for the rest, I don't have enough on which to base an opinion, but I DON'T want to see a Million Dollar Baby-Clint Eastwood sweep. Sure, give one to Morgan Freeman, but let Annette, Scorcese, Sideways and others get some love. It's just weird how Clint's movie has suddenly become the front-runner in a lot of categories. Hollywood and the Hollywood press love to love him (similar to the Great Green Day Butt Smooch). He's a great guy, but I just don't see the film-making genius there. I would like to see the movie, though. I hear there's something startling about the ending.

Hopefully Chris Rock will be funny. Then it's off to bed and back on a plane!