Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I wasn't kidding.

I really want lots of people to submit creative manly yogurt container designs. I guess it would help if lots of people read this blog. If you do try, here's a tip: don't use the color pink and/or the word "boyz" or you will be accused of queer-eyeing the project.

And if you're so picture-editingly inclined, why not try to put a more appropriate skirt on the BroGurt SpokesWench pictured below. I'm in the process of trying it myself, but I'm kind of busy at work, and don't know what the hell I'm doing. We'll see how it turns out.

In sporting news, the enigma that is the Boston Bruins went on a three game winning streak recently, and made it to a .500 record. Then they allowed 2 goals in 20 seconds and lost to the Islanders. But then they beat one of the best teams in the league, the Ottawa Senators, in Ottawa! They shut them out, 5-0! Not only was it the Bruins' third straight victory over the Sens, it was the second time this season they've shut them out. The 28 year old minor league veteran goalie Tim Thomas has started like 9 or 10 straight games and is playing great. He's been in the Bruins' system for a number of years, and I don't know why they haven't given him this chance earlier. Now the Bs are back to .500 and only 3 points from the last playoff spot! It will be great if they make the playoffs and salvage what's been a pretty bad season so far.

Lastly, anyone watch the SOTU address last night? Not me, but I watched the Democratic response, which I guess was pretty good. Bush and the Republicans in Washington enrage me, but also exhaust me. I wish that they weren't so damn effective at spinning their failures and misguided policies to the American public, and that there were more effective voices from the Democrat side besides Hillary "Workin' on the Plantation" Clinton. I guess if I really wanted change, I should get off my ass and do more. But I'm a family man and lazy person by nature, so I just say "Blah" to the whole thing and wait for my chance to vote in 2008.

Way to end on a positive note, huh?

iPod: "Wolfman's Brother (live)" by Phish, "Minimum Wage" by They Might Be Giants, "Switch Opens" by Soundgarden, "Twinstar" by Veruca Salt, "Sex Type Thing" by Stone Temple Pilots, and "Just Another Story About Skeeter Thompson" by Foo Fighters.