Wednesday, August 24, 2005

That annoying work thing

As most of you know, my wife and I are about to have a baby. We also work together, and I rely on her a great deal to help get my shit done. After the baby comes she's leaving the job, thus taking away my reliable source of help (not making you feel guilty, Sweetie!). I've got a deadline coming soon, so I'm trying to get everything done before the birth so that I can benefit from her services, and also not have to worry about any of it while I'm swimming in the blissful chaos of having a new baby in the house. So long story short, the only way I can ensure I get my work done is to impose a blog-out upon myself, which means no posting, no reading, no commenting while at work until it's all done. I may post from home, but lately I've been going to bed early instead of partaking in my usual night-owl proclivities. So bear with me if you don't see anything here or don't see me on your blog making lame-ass comments. I'm just trying out a little self-discipline. If I succeed at that, hopefully it will carry over to my non-existent exercise routine. Right now the only way to tell my belly from my wife's is the Happy Trail. Wish me luck.

In the reader submission category, my ex-girlfriend emailed me another embarrassing moment that had slipped my mind. I was doing our laundry in a laundromat once, and while taking her dirty clothes out of the bag I came upon a pair of her panties with a pad still attached. While such a discovery in a public place can be very embarrassing, I wouldn't put it in the top five. I'm a pretty easy-going guy. If anyone else out there knows me and remembers one of my embarrassing moments, feel free to let me know about it.

Oh, and that show Stella on Comedy Central... Hilarious!

That's it for now, talk to you all soon.

iPod: "A Dozen Roses (live)" by Braid, "Beyond Belief" by Elvis Costello, "Exhausted" by Foo Fighters, "Reason 346" by Jimmy Eat World and "Big Scary Place" by The Dead Milkmen.