Friday, August 19, 2005

[Clever, punny title using the word "meme"]

Third try at the song meme from Camo Girl.

"List five songs that you are currently digging...it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the five songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

Does currently mean "these days" or "right now"? Not too much playing on repeat in my head these days, but I'll give it a try.

1. "Your Mamma" by Kennedy. I think it's funny, but it's about to get really fucking annoying. Like "may I please borrow your .357 Magnum to blow my brains out?" annoying.
2. "Out of Routine" by Idlewild. It came on in the car one day this week, then on the iPod the next, and it just really rocks.
3. "Cyclops Rock" by They Might Be Giants. Came on the iPod yesterday and I love it.
4. Fine, I'll say "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers! I don't like the band, but I thinks it's a really good song. I liked the solo acoustic version done last week by Marty on Rock Star: INXS. There have been two Killers songs done on the show so far. Quite the eager selling-out beaver, aren't we, Brandon Flowers?
5. I've been doing a Phish shuffle and I'm bopping to "Weekapaug Groove" from Slip, Stitch and Pass right now. Good stuff.

I pass this on to Thomas Edison, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Clara Barton, Sun Tzu, and Pope John Paul II.

What? They're all dead? Oh well.