Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My nipples could cut glass!

Man, it's frickin' cold in my office today! It's really hard to type, too, with the cold making my fingers arthritic. They finally fixed the air conditioning in our building, but it's a bit too zealous.

I'm apparently still recovering from the time difference in Hawaii, because I'm exhausted when I get up in the morning. I don't know how I got up to run yesterday. Luckily, my trip didn't damage my standing in the weight loss challenge. I came back about a pound over what I weighed when I left, and by the end of the weekend I was back at my pre-trip weight. I had some very encouraging runs in Hawaii, but now my left calf is hurting more than is should (feels like some kind of tendon-thing) and I don't know what to do about it.

As for the trip, I had a good time. I was there for a convention, which was pretty boring, but I got some good gossip from and about fellow employees and of course the location was beautiful. It's my second time in Hawaii, and for some reason I've never been inspired to partake in nightlife there. Maybe it's the time difference. I know Honolulu is a major city with bars and such open late at night, but I just wanted to stay in my room. I went to one reception at 9:30 pm, and it seemed like midnight. I only stayed for about a half hour, and the walk back to the hotel was quiet, even along the main strip in Waikiki. The other time I was in Hawaii was on the island of Kauai, which is much less happening than Honolulu, but a great place for a vacation. I definitely recommend it.

The rest of my life is going just fine. Lovely Wife is finishing up her first semester back at school, The Bear is doing great in Kindergarten, and CBK Jr. has two cute little teeth sticking up from him bottom gum. No drama or foolishness to report, which I know doesn't make for very interesting reading.

iPod: "Roller Queen" by Jimmy Eat World and "There Are a Million Reasons for Why This May Not Work... And Just One Good One for Why It Will" by .Moneen.