Monday, March 06, 2006

I don't think I like this "work" thing

As in answer to my complaints about having no motivation at work, things keep coming up that require me to get off my blogging ass and get things done. Some of the stuff I don't mind doing, and will hopefully improve my situation here once they're accomplished. Other things, old crap thrown at me by my former "boss" because he can't retain a single piece of information told to him longer than 30 minutes ago, piss me off.

Oh well, I don't really have anything to talk about anyway. Had a super relaxing weekend. I didn't do squat except eat, watch TV, and play with CBK Jr. I actually watched practically all the Oscars last night (on DVR, fast-forwarding over the boring stuff) and thought they did a good job of time management. There were some pretty shitty cases of people getting cut off, usually pairs where the second person didn't get a chance to speak, but it wasn't that bad. As for the host, I thought Jon Stewart brought some funny material, and ad-libbed well, but he's just not suited to the venue. His stuff fell flat in such a large theater full of people "out of his league" so to speak. He's a small stage and TV guy, whereas the room was full of movie types. I don't know, it just didn't seem to fit that well.

And since I didn't see many of the nominated movies, I don't have much reaction to the winners/losers. I was surprised to see Crash win, but I wouldn't have voted for Brokeback Mountain if I was an Academy member.

Okay, back to the grind. I'll talk to you all soon.

iPod: "25" by Veruca Salt, "Lonely as You" by Foo Fighters, and "Omaha" by Counting Crows.