Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Gettin' that blogging mojo back

It feels like I've been away from reading and writing blogs for a long time, such is the speed at which blogging moves! Anyway, I got tagged with a hybrid meme by Omega and thought it would be a good way to have something to write about on my first substantive post back. It's a long one, so bear with me.

7 things I plan to do before I die:
- Take a vacation that doesn't involve visiting extended family (only half joking).
- Try my hand at writing a book.
- Drive a really fast car on a race track.
- Play ice hockey again.
- Visit Antarctica.
- Invest in the stock market successfully.
- Play out in public (playing guitar and singing).

7 things I can do well:
- Laugh.
- Answer Jeopardy questions (moderate).
- Dance.
- Write music (moderate).
- Smooth-over tense situations.
- Play a variety of sports (moderate).
- Solve brain teasers/logic problems.

7 things I cannot do:
- Draw or paint.
- Write song lyrics that I like.
- Figure out, by ear, how to play my favorite Hey Mercedes songs on guitar.
- Not try to pet a cat I see.
- See the sense in some conservative points of view.
- Understand why a majority of people like crap music/TV shows/movies.
- Not almost cry when I hear a particular passage in Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

7 things that attract me to another person (Omega, you're going to get me in trouble here):
- Large breasts (let's be completely honest).
- Full-bodied red or brown hair (but my wife has beautiful blonde hair).
- Quick wit.
- Laughs at my jokes.
- Nice butt.
- Bright smile.
- Athletic ability.

7 things I say most often:
- "Sweet!"
- "Best buddy ol' chum pal!"
- "Hi, little boy!"
- "Hey, Baby."
- "What the fuck?!"
- "Thank you."
- "No problem." (instead of "you're welcome")

3 screen names I have:
- cbk2000.
- cbk2k2.
- Chow01. (I hope you're paying attention, Jade!)

3 physical things I like about myself:
- My legs.
- My eyes.
- My beard. (Sorry, Daisy.)

3 physical things I don't like about myself:
- My gut/love handles.
- My chest.
- My askew tooth.

3 parts of my heritage:
- Irish.
- English.
- French, if you believe my dad's Francophonic fantasy.

3 things that scare me:
- Spiders.
- Falling sensation.
- Dying alone.

3 of my everyday essentials:
- Music/iPod.
- Reading blogs.
- Kissing my wife.

3 of my favorite musicians (individuals, not bands):
- Jimmy Page.
- Bob Nanna.
- Trey Anastasio.

3 of my favorite songs:
- "Bled White" by Elliott Smith.
- "Bron Yr Aur" by Led Zeppelin.
- "Fearless" by Pink Floyd.

3 things I want in a relationship:
- Passion.
- Laughter.
- Anger-less debate.

3 lies:
- CSI is the best show on TV.
- Terrorists hate our freedoms and envy our nation's position.
- A playoff system would not work for Division 1A football.

3 of my hobbies right now:
- Blogging.
- Link surfing.
- TV watching. (The Sedentary Trifecta)

3 things I want to do really badly now (with a special someone):
- Go see a movie.
- Eat out at a good Italian restaurant.
- Snuggle and sleep.

3 careers I've considered doing:
- Risk Manager.
- Mediator.
- Appellate litigator.

3 places I would like to go on vacation to:
- Kauai.
- Australia.
- Ireland.

3 kid's names I like (excluding my own kids' names):
- Bronwen.
- Declan.
- John.

3 ways that I'm a stereotypical guy:
- Sports fanatic.
- Like to fart.
- Like to fix things/use tools.

3 ways that I'm a stereotypical girl:
- Crush on Hugh Jackman.
- Love cats.
- Cry easily at movies, shows, etc.

iPod: "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" by Ben Folds Five, "Toob Amplifier" by The Presidents of the United States of America, "All Around the World" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Finest Worksong" by R.E.M., "Twisting" by They Might Be Giants, "Butterfly Thing" by Tanya Donelly, "Undermind" by Phish, "Blood and Fire" by Indigo Girls, "Thin Air" by Pearl Jam, "Homeless" by Paul Simon, "End Over End" by Foo Fighters, "Aye Davanita" by Pearl Jam, "The Bed's Too Big Without You" by The Police, "Low Light" by Pearl Jam, "Hell's Garden" by Dave Grohl, "Marvin Gaye" by Josh Rouse, "Don't Go Down" by Elliott Smith, "Waterproof' by Thanks to Gravity, and "Reba" by Phish.