Monday, November 28, 2005

It's...

I said I'd see you on Monday, but I've been kind of busy today and not inspired to write something. But I keep my quasi promises!

T-giving break was great. We got up at 4:30 Fri morning to get some deals, and we got a lot of Christmas shopping done. I put up some lights on the outside of our house. It proved more challenging than I thought it would be, but it was fun. I like doing handy things around the house.

E. McPan inadvertently gave me something to think about today: What's my favorite Monty Python sketch? That sure is a hard one. It's been a while since I've seen a lot of the episodes, so to answer will take a lot of study. Maybe I'll even make a bracket and have a Flying Circus playoff. You can vote between two sketches going head-to-head until only one remains. I reserve the right, however, to overrule a popular vote, seeing as we're trying to determine MY favorite sketch.

Lovely Wife, in a classic example of her infinite generosity, gave me the full Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD collection for Christmas a couple years ago, so I'll have to skim those and get a field of 16 for the bracket. I'll come up with more specific criteria, but I think it will be limited to sketches from the TV show, nothing from the movies (even "Hollywood Bowl" and "And Now for Something..."). I'll have to think about if the show-length piece "Cycling Tour" will be included. Anyone have a suggestion on that one?

Okay, this will be fun. Let's see if I have the stamina to see it through. Reviewing an episode list online, it's going to take a while.

iTunes (left the iPod at home): Brahms' Violin Concerto in D, First Movement, Maxim Vengerov (violin), "Just a Touch" by R.E.M., "New Kid (on the Block)" by Barenaked Ladies, "Ugly" by Pond, "Summer Salt" by Braid, "Are You Experienced" by Belly and "Date to Church" by The Replacements.