Thursday, September 08, 2005

Quelle Barbe!*

Well, here's the beard.

Damn, that's manly!

It will be two weeks tomorrow. What do you think? Does it look like a beard? Does it show promise? My neighbor says I should go goatee (or more correctly, Van Dyck/Dyke? The authorities aren't very consistent) but I don't know. Two of my brothers have done that, and the South Park episode with the evil twins keeps me from taking such facial hair seriously.

I didn't realize that was a Star Trek parody. Apparently there are many such Star Trek refs in South Park. Funny stuff.

iPod: "Screaming Infidelities" by Dashboard Confessional, "I Can Hear You" by They Might Be Giants, "Brian Wilson" by Barenaked Ladies, "Color Bars" by Elliott Smith, "Volcano" by The Presidents of United States of America, and "I Hate the TV" by Violent Femmes.

* Translated literally that means "What a beard!" As actually used by the French, though, it means "What a bore!" I think it's a very appropriate title.