Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Friend Daisy

There are a lot of reasons to like my friend Daisy:

1. She's cute and funny and brash.
2. She was a great friend to me during the summer when my first marriage was ending.
3. She's not above pulling the stalkerish drive by, even when she's in someone else's car.
4. She gave me two "professional" writing assignments, and paid me for them!
5. She flashed her boobs at me while on a sidewalk along a busy street in Denver.

I could go on, but the latest reason my friend Daisy rocks is she bought The Time Traveler's Wife for Lovely Wife and me. I just finished it, and really, it is one of the best stories I've read. It's not perfect, and it's not like I've read a whole lot of books, but what a lovely, funny, inventive, and heartbreaking book this is! I can't wait for Lovely Wife to read it, and I recommend it to all of you. I'm sure some of you won't like it that much, and that's fine, but I think everyone should give it a chance. It starts with an outrageous premise, and follows a less than linear narrative, but it totally swept me up in the characters' lives.

So, does anyone have any good books to recommend to me?