Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blog Vomit

I decided to just write today. This is going to be kind of stream of consciousness, so I won't be able to list the iPod songs. I feel badly for not posting anything of substance lately. I've been using the CD Game and my kids as total crutches for not having any real content of my own to use. Then I read all the other blogs on my list of favorites, and I feel guilty. You deserve so much more. Sadly, this is that more for now. Actually, I'm going to rely on one crutch for a second. I found out today that a song on the CD that was going to be kind of tough to figure out is now easier. So that's good news for you players. I was really looking forward to seeing how many people got it the old way, though. I don't do this a lot, but now I'm going to talk about my job. It's boring. Obviously, since I read so many blogs each day. Anyway, my boss, who is a really nice guy, came in to my office last week and told me that he was concerned at how much I was instant messaging with my wife. This took me aback because I don't IM with my wife that much. Maybe two times a day, for no longer than 5 minutes. Sometimes I'll IM with a friend, but that's even more rare. [Redacted - Looks like someone was playing with scissors again!] Anyway, I told my boss that the IM wasn't really a problem, and he seemed to believe me. I didn't get very defensive or confrontational, though, because I do waste time at the office. It's not that I don't get my work done, though. I do. I can do the work I need to get done on a daily basis within an hour, usually. It's just not that busy for me right now. If you want to give me more work, that's fine. But don't scrutinize how I spend my time when EVERYONE in my company routinely wastes time.

Damn, someone talked to me and broke my rhythm. Anyway, my boss just told me that he walked into a hair salon one day and got his hair cut by a guy named Ken Doll. Wow! That's weird. So that's the end of my work rant.

I've been thinking about ending the charade of my nickname. No one has guessed what it means, although one reader knows and another reader SHOULD know by now. I don't think there's much point to it anymore. Other bloggers whose sites I visit can easily find out who I am, and whenever a blogger emails me, I almost always give out my name. It's like that person is now in the inner circle, and I can let them in on the secret. But actually, there's no outer circle. I've got my regular readers, and I've got people who are looking for Jill Wagner. None of my regulars worry me to the extent that I don't want them to know who and where I am, and the Jill fans aren't going to be stalking me. So I'll think about it. I'm also working on a new banner, but I can't work too hard on it, because THE MAN is watching lately.

I just got an email on my work account. It's probably spam, since our spam filter sucks. Let me check.

It was semi-spam. Something from FedEx, who I regularly use. Not totally unsolicited, unhelpful, or anonymous like regular spam.

About the Brain Squeeze, I'm going to confess that I missed a question about Calvin & Hobbes book titles. I was in a hurry, and I mistook "The Babysitter Strikes Back" for "Revenge of the Baby Sat." Had I paused a moment and realized what I was reading I'd be in the lead right now. Of course, I didn't realize that at the time, and only wanted to hurry up and finish. Oh well, still a good score.

I'm hungry! My wife sent me an email about an Omaha Steaks special offer on Filet Mignon, with 6 steak burgers thrown in. The picture on the email is what made my stomach grumble. My wife and I have been on a diet of sorts, competing to lose weight before we go to the beach in Florida in the summer. We're eating smaller portions, less snacks, and less sweets. I lost 7 pounds in the first week. That was good. I thought my resolve to not eat would be better in the second week, but so far I've been hungrier and more tempted. I won't crack, though. Not because I want to win the contest that badly, but because I know I can do it. I lived on about 1200-1500 calories a day for three months when I lived in Denver, and exercised about 5 days a week. I lost like 35 pounds in that three month period, and that's why I had the confidence to dress myself in a Playboy Bunny costume for Halloween (see HNT post below). Needless to say, if I were to cheekily cross-dress for Halloween right now, it would have to be in a Playboy Burka to preserve decency and my dignity. But we'll see how I look in June after a couple months of consistent exercise and disciplined eating. I'm going to have to start doing crunches and push ups, too, if I want to tone the flabby parts, and I'm not looking forward to that. Ugh.

I just got a new cell phone, and I set the ring tone as the CTU phone ring from the show 24. My wife and I think it's cool, but I know it really makes me a big dork. No one who has heard it yet even seems to notice. Sigh.

Okay, that's enough of that. Have a nice day, everyone.